terms & conditions
If you wish to make a claim under the guarantee please check the conditions relating to your specific product. You must be able to provide proof of purchase to be able to register a claim. Your purchase must have been made through an authorised retailer of Aurora Beds products within the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Please be mindful that there will be some settlement to your mattress over time as the mattress adapts to your body. A little like wearing in a new pair of shoes, a little settlement of the fillings will actually make your mattress more comfortable.*
- All Aurora Beds products must have been used in accordance with the care instructions, including being turned and rotated ‘head-to-toe’ if double sided or rotated ‘head-to-toe’ if single sided, to help with settling the cushioning layers.
- Single sided mattresses should only ever be used on the sleeping surface intended. Under no circumstance should the underside of the mattress be used as a sleeping surface.
- Our mattresses should not be crushed, rolled or bent – this could damage the spring system which in turn may affect the upholstery layers. This applies on delivery and if you need to move the mattress from room to room or house to house.
- Please do not attempt to modify alter or adapt your mattress in any way, as this will invalidate your guarantee.
- Aurora Beds reserve the right to substitute products or materials should the original no longer be available and cannot undertake to match items not under complaint. This does not affect the purchaser’s statutory rights.
- The mattress must be used with a suitable base – one which will provide suitable adequate support e.g. with slatted bed frames the slat widths should be 10cm and the gap between them no more than 7.5 cm.
- The weight tolerance of 7kg on the small drawers, 15kg on the standard drawer has not been exceeded.
- We will be unable to accept a claim if the product has been subjected to unfair or excessive wear and tear.
- We are unable to accept items that are soiled or unhygienic.
- The mattress should not be used without bed linen and we recommend that you use a breathable mattress protector from new to maintain your mattress.
- This guarantee does not cover accidental damage that has taken place in the home and only covers defects in manufacture, materials or workmanship.
- We may choose to instruct an independent third-party specialist to carry out an in-home assessment of your product and claim to assist in our decision making.
- This guarantee only applies to Aurora Beds products that have been purchased from an authorised retailer in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- This guarantee only applies to domestic products that have been purchased and used in a domestic setting. This guarantee does not apply to commercial products or premises such as hotels and guest houses
- This guarantee applies only to the original purchaser and can’t be transferred to anyone else if you decide to sell your Aurora Beds product within the guarantee period.
- This guarantee is a manufacturer’s guarantee and as such we are unable to offer any refunds.
- This guarantee is a manufacturer’s guarantee and is limited to repair or replacement at our discretion.
- All our mattresses are hand made to metric dimensions, meaning they will naturally vary a little in size. Please allow a +/- 2cm tolerance.
- This guarantee does not affect your consumer rights.
*The Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) provide guidelines which suggest that settlement of between 2 and 4cm in depth is acceptable for a mattress that is 5 years old.